It’s almost summer vacation for the kids, and while it’s exciting to plan your next big family trip, it can be stressful to find the most trustworthy pet boarding facility that will care for your pet the same way you care for them. An excellent place to start is to ask friends and family who own pets and where they’ve boarded their pets while on vacation. Additionally, you can ask the vet what the best course of action here would be since they are privy to your pets’ allergies and medical conditions. The most important thing is to ensure that your four-legged friend is comfortable with the boarding facility that you decide upon.
What Should You Know About Dog Boarding Facilities?
- If you plan on leaving your dog or cat with a professional boarding kennel, do your research and check that they are certified. You should also check reviews and evaluate references.
- Many boarding facilities will require your pet to be vaccinated. These vaccinations can include rabies, hepatitis, and parainfluenza.
- If your pet has any medical conditions, check that the boarding facility employees are first-aid certified.
How Can You Know For Sure That A Boarding Facility Is The Right Fit For Your Pet?
- It’s always a good idea to visit the boarding facility where you plan to leave your pet so you can ask staff members many questions.
- Speaking of staff members, pay attention to the staffing situation at your boarding facility of interest. Is there proper staffing 24/7 to ensure that your dog or cat gets the care they need round the clock?
- As we’ve mentioned in the introduction, getting a few references and asking about their experiences doesn’t hurt. You should also check that any pet sitter you leave your pet with has some experience before going out of town.
Your furry friend is an integral member of your family, and they deserve the best care even when you’re away. At Caudle Vet Clinic, we offer comprehensive health and wellness exams that will keep your dog or cat healthy and fit for the long run. Aside from wellness exams, we offer a host of services that provide compassionate care at every stage of your pet’s wellness journey. If your pet is due for an annual checkup or needs any of the services linked above, contact us at (615) 227-6230. We proudly serve East Nashville through state-of-the-art technology that ensures top-tier veterinary care!